for the Days Ahead
Blogs, Guest Blogs & News
- Are members, employees or clients in-good-standing with a regional partnership organization.
- Have a demonstrated track record of leadership within their community.
- Are committed to ongoing leadership development and expansion beyond the emerging leadership training itself.
- Are committed to systemic criminal and juvenile justice reform.
- Have at least one year from date of release of previous incarceration so as to be able to take full advantage of JLUSA’s investment in their leadership development.
- Pre-session work including a survey, reading and homework
- Breakthrough Action® Leadership – introduction to the principles of responsibility, self-reflection and collective leadership
- Communication skills – learning how to connect communication with real results.
- Professional relationship effectiveness – managing up, down or any direction; leaders must communicate effectively to be successful.
- Interviewing and employment skills – emerging leaders are challenged to learn skills essential to securing and sustaining employment.
- An introduction to JLUSA’s year-long Leading with Conviction Training
JustLeadershipUSA Emerging Leaders Training – West Haven, CT
In partnership with the The University of New Haven & Tow Youth Justice Institute
Family ReEntry serves as Connecticut Sponsor
October 15, 2016 | 8am – 4pm
The University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Rd
West Haven, CT 06516
Deadline to register is October 7th. Click here to register.